carpet terms and conditions
Nodi Carpet Terms and Conditions
Warranty: NODI's warranty period against premature failure from manufacturing defects is 5 years for carpet from date of installation and 12 months for our handmade rugs. Within this warranty agreement, NODI has the right to reject a warranty claim if the carpet was used in an inappropriate area against the guidance of the NODI team. Correct laying methods and adhesives must have been used, NODI works with a high end skilled installer who is quoted to install all NODI carpets. If a seperate installer to NODI's recommended partner is used this will void any warranty agreement as NODI cannot determine correct installation and join plan for natural handmade products has been carried out.
NODI will asses and repair or replace any carpet if it is defective during the 5 years from the date of install provided the carpet was used for normal household purposes and maintained in accordance with the care instructions. Any improper or negligent use or neglect will void this warranty.
If you have a special requirement for this job, please ensure that you discuss any matters with us before accepting this quotation. If the project requires a specified product to meet any criteria for a Council Consent or if a Producer Statement (PS3) is required at the completion of this project, you must advise us prior to accepting this quotation. This quotation is not valid for such work and an amended quotation will be necessary. We are not liable for providing products that are not in accordance with consented plans as we are not privy to this documentation.
• Moving of furniture - unless specified in quotation. Moving furniture is based on $100 per room. This constitutes a room with 5 or less pieces of empty furniture, but does not cover antiques, TVs, computers, pianos, and safes. Customers must remove all clutter - i.e., small items and clothing.
• Uplifting and removal of existing floor coverings - unless specified in quotation.
• Floor preparation - the filling of obvious cracks, holes and gaps in floors are your care unless specified in quotation.
• Floor levelling - the levelling of floors to meet up to tiles or wood are your care unless specified in quotation.
• Price increases ex-manufacturers.
• If priced off plans, this quotation is subject to site measure.
• If quantified off plans, this will only include the areas on the final marked and signed plans, any plan changes are outside of the attached quote and will be subject to change and may incur additional charges for any extra product or installation charges. We also cannot guarantee that, if any additional product is required due to changes made by the client, that the extra product required will be in stock.
• Job rescheduling - Nodi Handmade Rugs has the right to charge an additional fee of $250 for any job being rescheduled by the customer 48 hours prior to booking.
• Restocking fee - Nodi Handmade Rugs has the right to charge an additional fee of 25% of the order value for any excess carpet stock wanting to be returned for a credit, this excludes any faulty products.
• Storage – The current storage rates are $9.65 per week per rug and for carpet $28 per week per carpet roll. These storage charges will apply from the original agreed install date and will be invoices monthly till the order dispatches from our warehouse.
Prior to the installation and Room Preparation:
• Please update our team and/or installers any relevant site information – i.e., placement of skirting boards, straight edge finishes, any special installation instructions on finishes, any custom or specialised products used that could affect installation, any floor plan changes
• Please undertake the clearing of appropriate areas to be carpeted - e.g., removing furniture, ornaments and plants.
• The disconnecting and removal of electrical goods such as computers, televisions etc.
• All building, painting and tiling etc should be completed and building materials removed.
• Areas should be swept, vacuumed before installation takes place.
• We are not responsible for trimming the bottom of doors.
• We require you to provide adequate lighting and power.
The customer needs to be aware that minor paint damage particularly to skirting / architraves and perhaps lower wall painting surfaces may occur during the installation of carpet or rugs. Floor coverings by its nature are bulky, difficult to manoeuvre and generally have coarse backing all of which may cause minor paint damage. Whereas our carpet installer will exercise all care in this regard, we cannot accept any liability for any such damage. It is particularly important that any newly painted surfaces have the paint manufacturers recommended cure time before being subjected to wear or carpet installation. Newly painted surfaces are particularly prone to damage. We recommend that you keep a small amount of paint available so that your painter may touch up any scratch marks etc.
Site Access: We require appropriate ease of access, to note - extra charges will be incurred if the above conditions are not met.
Product: At Nodi Rugs our focus is on hand made, woven floor coverings, being a handmade product, they therefore contain irregularities in weave and colour, some variation in colour and size will occur, the below variations can occur - these are not considered flaws but part of the nature of a hand-crafted product:
• Each carpet roll and rug is hand dyed at the time of production and variance between samples and products will occur, although we take every measure to ensure accurate colour matching, a slight variation may occur from dye lot to dye lot.
• As our products are handmade it is impossible to achieve an exact size and can vary between +/- 5%, this is considered normal and acceptable.
• Carpet rolls have a -/+ 10% variance, to account for this we recommend adding 10% to allow for any variances
• Natural carpets will fade in the sun, please beware of this when you are placing your rug in a room. We suggest applying MicroSeal to decrease the fading.
• Any shedding with Felted Wool and Jute is to be expected, being a natural fibre, the rug will shed in the initial stages of its life, this is a characteristic of the fibre and will settle over time and is not considered a fault but a characteristic of the fibre.
• Pilling can occur due to traffic, moving furniture, vacuuming or other mechanical agitation. This can be trimmed with scissors.
• Pop ups: due to the type of weaving, there will be short fibres popping up while the rug settles. This can be trimmed or pushed through.
• Responsibility for cleaning and maintenance lies with those performing this work since the manner and conditions of carpet cleaning or maintenance, and the cleaning materials used are beyond the control of the supplier or manufacturer.
PERMANENT PILE REVERSAL (commonly known as shading) The phenomenon of permanent pile reversal may develop in cut pile carpets. In these instances, areas of carpet appear to become lighter or darker than the surrounding area. This occurrence in cut pile carpets is random and largely unexplained. It cannot be predicted or prevented, and it appears to be related to location or material used. This condition is not a manufacturing fault, and its existence has no effect on carpet performance. However, as the development of this phenomenon can affect the appearance of the carpet, you need to be aware of this when considering carpet purchase.
In this contract:
"NODI" will mean Nodi Handmade Rugs Limited "goods" will mean all goods, services and advice supplied by Nodi to you or to third parties in accordance with your directions, and without limiting the foregoing, will include all retail supplies, charges for labour or consultancy fees, hire charges, insurance, freight costs, or other fees or charges associated with the supply made by NODI. "Price" will mean the cost of the goods and services, and all disbursements properly incurred by NODI.
Any instructions NODI receives from you constitutes acceptance of these terms, and these terms will apply to future orders with NODI, and any terms to the contrary will be overridden by these terms.
You authorise us to collect, retain and use any information about you for the purpose of assessing your creditworthiness, enforcing these terms or marketing products to you. In that regard, you authorise us to disclose any information we have collected about you to third parties for these purposes, and these terms constitute your authority or consent in terms of the Privacy Act 1993.
All prices are exclusive of GST, freight costs and other applicable taxes and may be subject to increases due to currency fluctuations. If no price has been stated in writing or orally agreed to, the goods will be deemed to be sold at the current amount charged by NODI. The price may be increased by the amount of any reasonable increase in the cost of supply that is beyond the reasonable control of NODI.
Payment for goods supplied will be 50% deposit on the signing of this agreement and the balance prior to delivery. If any amount remains unpaid seven working days after completion, NODI may charge interest on the sum owed at the rate of 2.5% per month. In addition, any expenses incurred by NODI in collection of the sums due (including filing fees, legal fees on an actual solicitor/client basis, or debt collection agency fees) will be payable by you.
If a quote is given for the supply of the goods, that quote will remain valid for 10 days from date of issue, and NODI reserves the right to withdraw its quote at any time before acceptance. If goods are required in addition to the quotation, you agree to pay any additional cost.
Title to the goods will pass to you only on receipt by NODI of payment in full of all sums due to NODI, and until then, NODI has a security interest in the goods and may register that interest under the Personal Property Securities Act 1999. If the goods are attached, fixed or incorporated into any property of yours by way of any manufacturing or assembly process by you or any third party, title to the goods will remain with NODI until payment has been received by NODI in full, and where the goods have been mixed with other property so as to be part of a constituent of any new goods, title to the new goods is deemed to be assigned to NODI as security for the full sums owed by you. You hereby give NODI an irrevocable authority to enter any premises occupied by you or on which the goods are situated at any reasonable time after default (or before such default if NODI reasonably believes that default is likely) and to remove and repossess any goods and any other property to which goods are attached or into which goods are incorporated. NODI will not be liable for any costs, damages, expenses or losses incurred by you or any third party as a result of this action. NODI may resell the goods and credit your account with the proceeds of sale (after deduction of all costs incurred in connection with such repossession and reselling) or may retain any repossessed goods and credit your account with the then value thereof (after deduction of all costs incurred in connection with such repossession).
You hereby waive your right to a verification statement in respect of registration of this security, and further waive your right to receive notice under S120 and to object under S121 of the Personal Property Securities Act 1999. Defaults by you will include non-payment of any sum due on the due date, you indicating that such payment will not be made, any goods being seized by another creditor of yours, you being bankrupted, or put into liquidation, or an application being filed for either of those events, or there being a material adverse change in your circumstances.
You are deemed to have accepted goods unless you notify NODI in writing within 7 days of receipt that the goods are damaged or defective.
Unless otherwise provided by statue, NODI will not be responsible for any losses incurred by you or any other person unless such losses arise from goods or advice provided by NODI, and without limiting the generality of the foregoing, NODI will not be liable for consequential losses or damages of any kind.
The guarantees imposed by the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 are excluded if the goods are supplied for the purposes of a business as denied in that Act.
NODI has the right to suspend this contract if any event of default occurs, but this will not prejudice NODI's right to claim for money due as at the date of such cancellation.
If you are a company or a trust, then in consideration of NODI accepting this contract, you also sign this contract in your personal capacity, and you jointly and severally guarantee the performance of the customer hereunder, and you sign as a principal obligor.
You can not assign your rights hereunder without the prior written consent of NODI. NODI will not be liable to perform its obligations hereunder if the failure is due to events beyond its control. Failure by NODI to enforce any of its rights or remedies hereunder will not constitute a waiver of its rights or remedies. If any provision of these terms is deemed to be invalid or unenforceable, the remaining provisions will be unaffected.
NODI sends occasional emails to inform customers of new products and sales. Please advise your account manager or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you do not wish to receive future communication from NODI.