It’s that time of year again, days are shorter, our knits are out and dusted off, we retreat inside with warming cups of teas, blankets and laze on our winter woolen rugs.
Introducing to you our new style in our range – the Tasseled Wool.
In this new rug we have combined our much-loved natural jute with wool to bring a unique and textured rug to your home this winter season.
The Tasseled Wool comes in Dove and Charcoal, with a limited number of a special release colour way, chalk, and the new Nodi colour of winter for 2018, a confident, elegant Brick Red.
The tasseled wool rug made its debut in NYC this month as part of New York’s annual International Contemporary Furniture Fair (NYCxDESIGN). New Zealand’s Contemporary lighting and furniture designers, Resident, in collaboration with Interior designer Rufus Knight, set up an experiential retail, pop up store in downtown Manhattan.
Nodi exhibited its much loved core range of rugs alongside the new Tasseled Wool to dress the floors of this 3,000 square feet open gallery space, with the backdrop of gritty exposed brick walls on 39 Spring Street, Nolita, NY for the month of May.
The stylish, elegant, bold and confident colour of our new brick red tasseled wool, makes a strong statement, holds its place in the room, is inviting, warm and rich, bringing a new and exciting edge and depth to any interior space this winter. The body of the Tasseled Wool is structured and offers a sculptural element with its ribbed detail, giving the rug strength and support, made of 100% wool. Running down the length of the rugs edges are natural jute tassels which again have a feeling of structure and strength.
Why do we use wool for our winter wool rugs and why is this a great fibre for your home?
- Wool has antibacterial and antimicrobial properties. (The waxy coating of wool fiber contains fatty acids that inhibit the growth of mould, mildew and bacteria. Static which attracts lint, dirt and dust, is also inhibited by the wools waxy coating.)
- Wool is stain resistant. (The make-up of wool fibre helps to block dirt and absorption of liquids. Due to the waxy coating the particles sit on top which means they are much easier to remove. We do still recommend microseal to make your rug that much more resistant against spills, everyday debris and offer a longer life span for your rug)
- Fire resistant. (Wool fibre won’t burn, instead forms a self-insulating char that prevents further flame spread and extinguishes itself. This can be reassuring when you have a rug by a fireplace)
- Keeps your warm in winter and cool in the summer, comfortable in all seasons. (Wool is known to regulate our body temperature. In the winter, wools insulating qualities trap dry air and warmth near the skin. In the summer, the wool pulls excess heat and moisture from your skin, helping you to stay cool.)
- Acoustic Absorption. (Sound control. Wool is one of the most effective acoustic building materials. The wool traps air which provides optimal sound insulation)
- Maintains its structural integrity (Wool is durable. Wool can withstand being bent 20,000 times without breaking. If you compare that to cotton which breaks after 3,000 bends and silk after 2,000. It’s a great fibre to invest in for long term quality.
- Natural and Renewable source (Wool is a renewable fibre source. The fleece taken from the sheep is grown again. Wool is also completely biodegradable)
- Naturally Insulating (wool can insulate the home providing and retaining warmth, and reducing energy costs. Great for insulation on cold floors in the winter.)
Explore more of our Nodi woollen rugs here.